Pack your bags and don’t forget to bring your camera! Tour a Country is a hands-on student course that provides an engaging introduction to world cultures and geography. The suggested schedule is to study one country per month, two days per week. Additional days per week can be set aside for enrichment activities included in the course if your child is eager to learn more.
This student course guides you and your child through different countries which have been selected for their historical, geographical, and cultural features. Your child will be “touring” a country each month and creating a travel brochure for each. By the end of the year your child will have completed eight travel brochures and have a passport brimming with exciting memories!
Each country tour includes:
- Travel brochure
- Twenty or more full-color images of native animals, historical people or places, Catholic shrines, and saints to be used in travel brochure
- World map showing where in the world the country is located
- Two colorful maps of the country
- Words to Know
- Weekly plan covering a month of directed studies: labeling important places and topography, exploring native animals, climate, special attractions, natural resources, important historical events or places, Catholic missionaries, and MORE
- Full page of enrichment activities including a list of historical fiction and discussion questions
Over 175 full-color photos! 164 pgs. 8½"x11" Loose-leaf drilled, shrink-wrapped. Pages are not reproducible; each student will need his own student course. Material needed to complete course: Folding World Map
Recommended core text in CHC Lesson Plans for Third Grade. Tour this title in the Third Grade Interactive Guide!
Recommended resource: The reading comprehension worktext Our Friends from Other Lands provides additional historical and cultural background for your student’s study of Tour a Country, even as it develops reading comprehension skills.