Get acquainted with the best Catholic authors and poets! With the help of these study guides your high school students will discover the wealth of great literature written by Catholic authors who bring the light of hope to the depths and heights of the human experience. Read the authors who were once required reading in Catholic high schools and universities: Chesterton, Belloc, and Newman, as well as their modern counterparts: O'Brien, Wojtyla, and Corti.
Generously illustrated and annotated, these self-directing study guides are ideal for use by high-school students and can be easily adapted for use by study groups or in classrooms. The following features facilitate the student's progress through each work studied:
- Introduction to the author and historical period
- Explanation of literary elements
- Discussion questions and exercises
- Teacher notes and suggested lesson plan
- Optional comprehensive test
- Answer key and enrichment suggestions